Friday, July 28, 2006

A Colorful Lunch

I just had a very surreal dining experience. My boss, co-worker, and I went to Cypress Street Station, a nice restaurant in downtown Abilene, for lunch. It's a pretty fancy place, especially for Abilene. Well, we were enjoying our food, when one of the workers in the back started screaming at the manager. He was cussing him out, saying things like, "You don't (mess) with my daughter," etc. He must have said at least 15 cuss words before they pushed him out the back. This is a small restaurant, so EVERYONE heard. Afterwards, everyone was just silent for a few minutes. It was like being in a movie. Then, the manager came out and apologized to everyone. Our waiter kept apologizing over and over. I didn't think they had to apologize so much; it wasn't their fault. I just wonder what happened. Had the manager really slept with that guy's daughter, or was he just saying a bunch of stuff because he was angry? Anyway, it really was like something that would happen on a movie or T.V. show. And, hey, the food was still good, so who cares?

No comments: