Monday, October 09, 2006

Yay, Westgate!

I love my church! Especially the college group. This weekend, a bunch of us got together at Korbin's house. He grilled steaks for us, which were excellent, and the rest of us helped make the rest of the dinner. It was delicious. We had so much fun just sitting around talking (and watching Vince almost molest Eric, but that's another story). The boys watched sports on TV, while the girls went outside to "play Frisbee." We threw it around for a little while, but then we ended up just talking. It was some pretty meaningful girl talk, though. God really encouraged me through those girls. On Sunday, the college group was invited over to a couple's house for lunch. More free food! Woo-hoo! Then a bunch of us girls went to the bridal show. I was the only engaged one of the group; 2 were already married, and 2 others are soon to be engaged. The ones who weren't officially engaged were embarrassed, but I don't think it's ever too early to start getting ideas. (I've had my wedding planned for at least five years : ) They didn't have cake-testing at the show, which was disappointing, but it was still pretty fun looking at all the pictures of weddings. It's only been recently that we've really started doing things as a college group outside of church. I love it. And it's nice to know that after all my other friends leave in May I'll still have some good relationships in Abilene.

No comments: