Monday, February 02, 2009

I'm not a grandma!

For the past three nights, I have stayed up past 1 a.m. I can probably count on one hand the number of times I've stayed up past 1 a.m. in the past two years. And now...three nights in a row?? I'm crazy! What could possibly cause this normal twenty-something behavior? Three words: Jon and Katy. We went with them to Nashville this weekend to visit Katy's sister. It's about a 6-hour drive. We were supposed to leave Friday at 5 p.m. Jon ended up having to work late, so we left at 7. We didn't even get to Nashville til 1 a.m. Okay, I did sleep for like an hour and a half in the car, but still. Then I actually woke up at 8 a.m. on Saturday. Saturday night we went to see Katy's sister's roommate's band play. The show lasted until 12:30. I couldn't believe I actually made it. I did sleep in until about 9 on Sunday, but usually I like to get a good 8-10 hours on the weekends, plus naps. Last night we made the trip home. It took over 8 hours after we made the "quick" detour to Missouri to eat at Lambert's, and I only slept about 1 hour. We got home about 9:15, but then, of course, we had to watch the one-hour Office episode after the Super Bowl. After that, Darby and I were having so much fun talking about the weekend that we didn't fall asleep until about 1. I am so tired right now, and I have huge bags under my eyes. But at least I can say that, on occasion, I am still fun. Tonight it's back to grandma schedule...I plan to be in bed about 9!

No comments: