Just for fun, here's a comparison of all 4 months. He hasn't gotten a whole lot bigger than he was at 2 months (his growth is leveling off, so he's in a more average percentile - NO IDEA why/how he was so big at birth). But, he's definitely able to sit up and hold his head up much better than he used to.
"Firsts" from this Month
- First mother/son road trip. While Darby was busy with a work conference, I took Jonas to Waco by myself. Then my mom and I took him to Dallas to see my grandma and aunt. I was a little nervous about traveling solo, but he did great.
- First time to roll over front to back
- First time to meet his Aunt Tere and cousin Corrie. They were in Abilene for a school event, so he and I got to run up to ACU to see them one afternoon.
- First bath in the big tub. I'm refraining from putting bath time pictures on here in case he objects when he's older. (Aside: It's so difficult to know how much you should share about your kids online. I know people have a lot of different philosophies. Right now, I'm trying to refrain from sharing medical information or naked pictures, but as he gets older, I'm sure I'll add even more restrictions.)
- When he's tired, he scratches the top of his head absentmindedly. It's so cute. The only bad thing is that, since his nails grow freakishly fast, he often leaves little scratch marks on his scalp.
- I go to a playgroup once a week with some women from church. My friend's daughter was laying beside Jonas, and she reached out and held his hand. It was adorable! He was enjoying it until she decided to grab his face. Then he was done.
- He's really started to fight sleep, especially during the day. So, when I'm rocking him to sleep for his naps, he makes this really nasal "beeping" sound until he falls asleep. I guess he thinks he's keeping himself awake. It's like "mah, mah, mah, mah." Cracks me up.
- Speaking of naps, he doesn't like to nap in his crib, even though he sleeps great in it at night. So, I end up holding him for a lot of his nap times. Sometimes I nap, too, or sometimes I just read. I know it's a bad habit to get him into, but I love those times together. There is nothing sweeter than holding a sleeping baby. And I figure I might as well enjoy one of the benefits of being a stay-at-home mom while I can.