Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Things I've Thought about Blogging in the Past Two Weeks...

but obviously haven't

1. Finding a house to rent in Urbana, IL. It's a 3 bedroom/1 bath, and we've already signed the lease. I'm so excited! I don't know what I'm going to do with all that space!

2. The return of new T.V. shows - I was missing The Office so badly! There came a point when even I was tired of watching seasons 1-3 on DVD. The new episodes have been really good so far. I can't believe Jim already has a ring for Pam!

3. The Texas Library Association Conference in Dallas - That's right - I am officially a nerd. The ACU library paid for any students/staff who are interested in going to library school to attend. I heard some interesting presentations, got to stay in a super-nice hotel (The Magnolia), and got free books. All in all, it was pretty good for my first professional conference.

4. A fun weekend in Dallas after the conference. Darby was visiting a friend in Austin, so I spent time playing games, watching T.V., discussing controversial subjects, shopping, and eating yummy food with the always-generous hosts, Kalyn and B.J. Gensic. Then, I drove over to Garland to visit with Grandma and Aunt Katina, eat even more food, see Uncle Al, Aunt Lea, and Amy, and watch Enchanted (which I wouldn't recommend). It was great to see friends and family, but I sure missed Darby!

5. The series finale of Oprah's Big Give. I loved that show! Although it does seem kind of strange to be competing against each other to see who can help people more. Especially at the end, the contestants were fighting with each other more than they were actually helping. But they still did some awesome stuff, and my favorite guy won.

No comments: