Thursday, September 25, 2008

Exciting Week!

I have had so much to be excited about in the past week:

1. The curtains and pillows Darby's mom made for us came in the mail!!

I'm not very good at photographing curtains because of the backlighting, but here they are. They look even better in person.

A close-up.


The pillows. So cute!

She also made a valance for the large sliding door we have in our kitchen, but we haven't gotten those hung yet. We love them, and they make our house feel so much homier! I am incredibly lucky to have such a generous, talented mother-in-law. Thank you, Debby!

2. I got a job! I will be working as a production editor at Omegatype Typography. They specialize in producing textbooks (mainly college-level social science books) from Pearson, which is one of the largest textbook publishers in the nation. I am very excited about the opportunity to do something I'm passionate about. I won't be writing much about my job on this blog because I don't think that's appropriate, but I'm sure those of you I talk to by phone or e-mail will be hearing all about it. This job is definitely a blessing for me; so many people have been praying about this, and I am grateful that God answered all of our prayers in this way. I start next Wednesday, so my homemaking days are coming to an end. :)

3. The Office starts tonight!!!!! I cannot wait! Darby and I got Season 4 last night. It was kind of a treat for getting a job, or at least that's the reason we used to justify the purchase. Plus, I found $15 in reward certificates to Best Buy that I had kind of forgotten about. If you have not watched this show, you must start! And don't judge it based on only one episode. It takes a little while to get into the characters, but once you do, you will be hooked. If you're not sure where to begin, here are a couple of my favorite episodes from various seasons: Health Insurance, The Convict, Business School, Money, The Fire, The Injury, Conflict Resolution. I think most of those are available on iTunes, so what are you waiting for?!?

2 comments:

Mary Kay said...

Yeah! Congratulations on the job, you will be wonderful and they will be so blessed to have you working for them! I went to see Amanda's little one last night...he is a doll! We miss you, best of luck in your new job! MK

Sallie said...

The curtains are beautiful (as I knew they would be)! I want to see them in person because I know I will be even more impressed! Can't wait to see you and Darby in October.