- Finish couch-to-5K. I got up to 2 miles continuously before I kind of quit. I've been doing workout videos at home instead. But I'll get back on it.
- Take and pass at least one of my seven comprehensive exams. This should happen in April or May.
- Finish my shelf of unread books. I'm down to 3! But, I brought back a bunch more books from home, so it's starting all over. :)
- Lose 5 lbs. and maintain it. Haven't really tried. I'm starting for real now.
- Take at least 100 pictures. By this, I meant 100 pictures that I could frame if I wanted to (my standards aren't that high). The cruise helped a little, but I need to stay on it.
- Finish my one-year Bible. Getting there slowly but surely
- Make it through my housecleaning checklist. Ha! Pretty much haven't started this one.
- Make cheese. Not yet.
- Come up with at least 2 healthy vegetarian meals that Darby and I actually enjoy. Not yet.
- Start my personal Happiness Project. Not so much, but I am a happier person in general now.
- Go to three events at the U of I. We've been to 1.
- Make crepes. Not yet.
- Reduce our monthly gift budget. We squeaked by just under budget for gifts for the year, but I think I can still do better.
- Go to St. Louis (for real this time). We went to the Arch when we had a 5-hour layover while riding the train. And I think we maybe decided we've now seen enough of St. Louis. :)
- Save an average of 25% on every grocery shopping trip. So far, so good. My current average is 33%.
- Take a Spanish class. I finished this. It was fun, but a little too easy. I'm looking for an advanced Spanish class next.
- Make homemade tortillas. Not yet.
- Initiate plans with friends twice per month. I think I've done this
- Whittle "to try" recipes saved online to 200 (currently at 272). I'm down to 234!
- Redesign my blog. Obviously haven't done this.
- Read 3 faith-related books. I've read 1.
- Plan an event for our college group. Not yet.
- Stay in better touch with my sister and brother. I still need to do better on this one.
- Watch at least 4 football games on TV. Done. And it was fun! I'm not sure I'm a die-hard fan, but I like it.
- Become a Conversation Partner. Done! And we're going to continue this semester.
- Spend no more than 1 hour per day on the Internet (unless it's for work, school, or personal finance reasons). Hmmmm...some days are better than others. This is an ongoing process.
Wednesday, January 05, 2011
I figured the first of the year would be a good time to evaluate my progress toward my "26 before 26" goals. I must admit I haven't made quite as much progress as I would have liked. School took up a lot of my time in the fall, and frankly, I just didn't make these a priority. But, I'm still committed, and I'm going to do better from now until June.