Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Success!

Well, I made it to my goal weight! The weight came off faster than I thought it would, which reinforces to me that I was heavier than I needed to be. Now, I'm trying to figure out how to ease up on the points counting without going totally crazy. In that spirit, I thought I'd share some of my favorite healthy snacks. Of course, I still enjoy my ice cream and baked goodies, but I'm trying to practice a little more moderation. :)
  • Sargento Light cheese sticks
  • Fiber One yogurt mixed with 1 sliced banana and 1/4 c. Cascadian Farm maple brown sugar granola
  • sliced cucumbers and baby carrots with 2 tbsp. Sabra roasted red pepper hummus
  • smoothies made with half a banana, 1/2 cup of frozen, unsweetened mixed fruit, and 1/2 - 1 cup of 1% milk (enough to make the smoothie drinkable)
  • Kashi TLC honey almond flax granola bars
What healthy snacks do you like? I need variety to keep going.

3 comments:

Natalie said...

go you! I am a big fan of greek yogurt, either by itself or with a handful of granola (whole foods has some of the best I've tried lately); apple and cheese; apple and a little scoop of peanut butter; a handful of raw almonds.

I really would like to have a smoothie during the day ... you've inspired me. we have a blender at my office, now i just need to supply a bag of frozen strawberries, use one of the bananas we have here and blend with some almost milk and ice. =)


nataliemack.blogspot.com

Natalie said...

LOL ... 'almond' milk, not almost milk. ;))

Mica said...

Congratulations!

I've been doing multigrain wasa crackers with some PB. That keeps me full for awhile.