- Chatting with every cashier and waiter
- Late sunsets
- That nearly suffocating feeling of getting in the car after it's been sitting in the 102-degree heat for a couple of hours (yes, believe it or not, I actually kind of miss this. It's strangely comforting.)
- Going for walks and waving at every car that drives by
- The abundance of pickup trucks
- Coke and Dr. Pepper as the drinks of choice (not Pepsi...yuck!)
Before we left Texas, I really didn't know how much I'd miss it. I knew I'd miss my family, but I didn't think I was too attached to the state itself. Well, I was wrong. I'm a Texan through and through. I really hope Darby and I will be able to move back after we finish school, but, if that doesn't happen, I'll always eagerly anticipate our trips "home."