Wednesday, February 06, 2013

Super Bowl

I hosted the second-annual MATESL Super Bowl party this year. Just like last year, it was mainly an excuse to eat tons of yummy food. I honestly had no preference about which team won, but I was rooting for the 49ers at the end, just because it was so exciting.

I made baked spinach dip mini bread bowls, pizza dip, Hawaiian roll sandwiches, and homemade Butterfingers. I was skeptical about the homemade Butterfingers, which I had seen on Pinterest, but they were so crazy I just had to try them. They only have 3 ingredients: candy corn, peanut butter, and chocolate candy coating. I had a really hard time getting my candy corn to melt and I was afraid they would be inedible, but they actually turned out well and pretty similar to a Butterfinger except more peanut buttery. Everyone else brought so many other yummy things, and I ate waaaayyy too much. Parties with lots of snack foods are my absolute diet downfall. I try to tell myself that I don't have to eat everything just because it's there. But the little voice in my head says: "Hurry! Eat it alll. If you skip one dish, that might end up being the best one!" The little voice always wins.

The food table. Yum!

Mica's Texas sheet cake. It was delicious!
Mica and me. My goodness I'm pale.
Ester and Marcia

1 comment:

Mica said...

You're not pale, I'm just yellow. :-)

Parties are also my downfall. I sometimes wish our social group didn't have so many good cooks. But then, no, I don't wish that.