I transferred pictures off my phone to our desktop computer, so I don't have all of the relevant pictures for this update. I just included some random cute ones at the end.
Not many this month. He's done so much that we're running out of firsts!
- First crawl. He does a strange little army crawl that looks a bit like very ungraceful swimming. It isn't pretty, and prefers rolling to get anywhere, but it works for now. He still doesn't seem too interested in going up on his hands and knees.
- Any time we pick him up, he pats us on the back. We pretend he's saying, "Good Mommy/Good Daddy."
- He chuckles all the time now. It's so funny. It's like a little nervous laugh. He definitely has a real laugh that he uses sometimes, but when he's just sitting and playing, he chuckles constantly.
- He loves dogs. When we go to someone's house that has a dog, he bounces up and down and giggles any time the dog is around. He doesn't mind at all if dogs jump on him or lick him.
- He is scared of balls. Darby's mom had a medium-sized red bouncy ball that she brought out when we were at their house. Jonas started shaking and clinging to us. He hated that thing! It's so strange.
- He has always been a very good self-soother and has enjoyed sucking on his hands. He's finally settled on sucking on his middle three fingers of one hand. He uses his other hand to play with his hair above his ear.
|I know he's sleepy when he starts doing this.|
|Eating spaghetti at Mamaw's house. He was so funny slurping it up.|
|More mealtime messiness. He's a great eater and eats pretty much anything we give him. Sometimes he'll reject a food the first time it's offered, but if we try again, he usually goes for it. Greek yogurt and meat of all kinds are his favorites.|
|This is how he always sleeps - on his side with his arm out. He's still a great sleeper. We're very lucky.|