Wednesday, October 25, 2006

The Real World

Well, I had my first "real" job interview, and my first "real" rejection : ( I interviewed to be an administrative assitant at ACU. I would have been working for the guy in charge of the Campus Store, University Purchasing, and Dining Services. My interview went really well, but they needed someone who could start right away. It was pretty disappointing. I had tried not to get my hopes up, but it's really hard not to start thinking about what it would be like if you got the job. But at least I got some real interview experience. My interviewer told me I did really well and that I definitely would have moved to the next stage had I been able to start right away, so that made me feel good.

I just saw that the Abilene Reporter-News is hiring a full-time copy editor. I e-mailed my resume to the managing editor, so hopefully I'll hear from him soon. I think I would really enjoy doing that. Plus, it's actually relevant to the field I want to eventually go into (publishing).

Anyway, it's pretty exciting thinking about having a real job and NO HOMEWORK! Plus, I got to buy a business suit for my interview. I look so professional : )

No comments: