Saturday, January 13, 2007

Snow Day #2!

Church is canceled tomorrow. That's right: CHURCH is canceled. It was icy today, and it's not supposed to warm up tomorrow, so they went ahead and decided to cancel church. Darby and I got the call at about 8:00. I can't say we were too disappointed. I feel a little guilty being excited about it, but I figure I deserve it. I've never skipped Sunday morning church. I mean, I've missed because I was sick or on vacation, but I've never just skipped. Now, I have permission to not go. It's awesome! Darby called his friend Ben to tell him, and Ben asked if Darby wanted to go to another church with him. Darby said, "Uh...no, I don't think so." I said, "Is Ben crazy? That's like going to another school district on a snow day. It's just not right." Don't get me wrong. I love going to church, and I really love Westgate, but for the first time in 21 years, I get to sleep in on a Sunday morning. This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. Plus, I have Monday off of work, so it's like I have three Saturdays in a row!

No comments: