Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Uncertainty

I have a dentist appointment in June. Since I am a new patient, the office sent some forms to me to fill out before my appointment. I decided to go ahead and fill them out, so I wouldn't forget. I was going along fine until I got to the space marked address. I thought, "I don't know where I'll be living in June; I'll leave it blank for now." Ditto for home phone number. Then I got to occupation, "Well, I don't know if I'll have my job in June; I'll leave that part blank." Ditto for work phone number. And e-mail address, since I only use my ACU e-mail address. Then, I got to marital status. "Hmmm...well, I won't be married yet, but I'll be married a month from then. Why isn't there a box for engaged?" At that point, I decided filling out forms over two months in advance is stupid anyway and just gave up.

No comments: