Tuesday, July 24, 2007

It's official!

2 weeks after the wedding, I am officially Kayla Anderson Hewitt. We got our signed marriage license back in the mail today, and I went to the Social Security office at lunch to get my name changed. I still have to go to the DPS, bank, etc, but I'm going to go ahead and call the change official. I debated whether or not I should keep my middle name. It was my grandma's name, so I wanted to keep it, but I also wanted to keep Anderson. I didn't like the thought of being Kayla Jean Anderson Hewitt - too bulky. In the end, I decided to drop Jean. Grandma Jean dropped her middle name when she got married, so I guess I can still remember her that way. Plus, it's not like I'll forget that my middle name was Jean for 22 years. And this is nice, because if I forget and sign my name Kayla Anderson, I can just add Hewitt to the end!

No comments: