Tuesday, August 07, 2007

One Month...

At this time last month, I was standing in the bride's room, waiting eagerly for 2 p.m. It's hard to believe we've only been married a month. Don't get me wrong, it's been a great month, better than I could have imagined. But, in some ways, it seems like the wedding was so long ago. Has it really only been five weeks since we counted down the days, willing them to go faster? Now that we are married, all the years we waited and worried seem like a different life. I've never been happier, never more at peace.

The best thing about living together (besides the unspoken given) is having the opportunity to express our love and care for each other in numerous small ways every day. Even after 6 years of dating, Darby still has a few sweet surprises up his sleeve! In honor of our first "monthiversary" on the 7th of August, I've come up with a list of 7 new things I love about Darby:

1. Every morning while I'm in the shower, he makes the bed and ties back the curtains.
2. He is crazy-good at loading the dishwasher.
3. He is always up for a game of Dr. Mario, even though I beat him (nearly) every time :)
4. He cooks fun things, like English muffin pizzas and hamburgers, for me.
5. He willingly puts together anything we buy and hangs up all our pictures and decorations.
6. He forces me to go lie on the couch while he does the dishes after dinner.
7. He still sleeps in the same bed as me, despite my nighttime "episodes" (talking to the closet door, jumping at the sound of a page turning, accusing him of murder, you know, the usual).

D, I love you much more than I could have even imagined a month ago. Life is good.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It has been an awesome month for me, too! I love you!

Anonymous said...

Kayla,
You are so sweet! What a neat post...
That Darby is one lucky fella! Of course, you are too. Darby is VERY sweet and thoughtful. The other day, I was thinking about you kids when you were little and I remembered something that you said to me about getting married. You asked me why I wasn't married, and I told you that nobody had asked. You said, "Well, can't you ask them?" I laughed and said, "If I find anybody worth asking, I just might..." I am SO glad you and Darby found one another...
Love you much,
Aunt Katina

Laci said...

Aww great post! I'm so happy that you're happy. Don't get me wrong, I love Eric, and he's so great to me, but would you please have Darby share #6 with Eric at the next guys-night-out! Thanks! haha!