Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Christmases 3,4,5, and 6! (and Erin's wedding)

I think the theme for mine and Darby's Christmas break was "Tour of Texas." We drove from Abilene to Waco to Fort Worth back to Waco to Garland back to Waco to San Antonio and finally back to Abilene. It was kind of crazy, but we had a really great time. It was so nice that we were able to work it out to be at all of both of our families' Christmas celebrations. It might not be so easy in the future if we end up going to grad. school far away. So we lived it up this year. We ate a ton, played lots of games with my family, introduced his parents to the Wii, and saw four movies in the theater! And we still managed to make a few Barnes and Noble trips, of course!

Here's a few random pictures. I'm really not good at remembering to take pictures!

The guy "frousins" or "primigos." We're a bilingual family :) I'm actually not sure if Darby's officially allowed to be a frousin.



The girls. We take this exact picture every year, and we're always wearing red, green, or white. We are pathetic.


Me and Darby with my cousin Corrie. She loves Darby. The girl's got good taste.

My friend Erin got married in San Antonio on the 29th, and I was a bridesmaid. The wedding was beautiful and everything went really smoothly. We had our makeup professionally done, and I can't even recognize myself in the pictures! I almost never wear makeup, so having that much on was kind of a shock. At least I didn't have to put it on myself, though.


Former roomies!


Tough bridesmaids!

After the wedding Darby and I stayed an extra night in San Antonio. We ate at Paesano's, a really good Italian restaurant on the Riverwalk. When we got back to the hotel, we were psyched because Flip That House was on. It's one of our favorite shows, but we never get to see it because we don't have cable. Yes, we are officially old people now (as if our puzzle hobby wasn't enough). On Sunday, we went to the Buckhorn Museum and ate at Casa Rio. The museum was really cool...they have tons of taxidermied animals. It doesn't sound that neat, but I promise it is. Well, that was our Christmas. Tomorrow it's back to the grind. :(

1 comment:

Ledbetter Fam said...

Lot's of fun! I loved those bridesmaid dresses. I am happy that you guys were able to celebrate in so many ways and with all of the people you love. I'm also thankful that you had safe travels.

Juli Beth