Monday, January 14, 2008

I feel like I'm back in high school


This weekend, I went to a training session to become an SAT instructor for the Princeton Review. I spent Friday from 5-10 p.m. and Saturday and Sunday from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. learning how to teach an SAT prep course to high schoolers. It was intense, but actually pretty fun. Basically, the trainer taught the class to us exactly as she would teach it to high schoolers, and we took notes. We then were each assigned a lesson to teach to the class. I have to go back next weekend and do the same thing. In the meantime, I have a huge book of SAT practice problems to complete. Aaahh! I haven't done homework in a year! I guess this is good preparation for grad. school. I really wish I had done this training before I took the GRE. I think it would have helped me with my math score. This weekend, I relearned so many things I used to know!

On a different note, please keep my Uncle Mark and his family in your prayers. He was hit by a car while he was jogging on Thursday evening. Thankfully, he is in stable condition now, but he has some pretty severe injuries and a long recovery ahead of him.

1 comment:

Ledbetter Fam said...

We will be praying for Mark. Please keep us updated.

JB