Tuesday, August 26, 2008

New Friends and Good Food

Darby and I have been enjoying the kindness of people at our church in the form of free meals. Since I am currently unemployed, we have not been eating out much. It's hard because we both love trying out new restaurants. So here we are surrounded by restaurants we've never been to but unable to visit them. (Poor us! Believe me, I'm exaggerating quite a bit. I do realize how lucky we are to have a great house, go to a great school and still have plenty of money for groceries and other necessities).

BUT, our wonderful church has rescued us from our sentence of eating at home. Two Sundays ago, a couple took us to Noodles and Company. Wow! That might be my ideal restaurant. All of the entrees are pasta of some sort (macaroni and cheese, stroganoff, Italian dishes.) Definitely not for those on the Atkins diet. I think it's a chain, but I've never seen it before. Do they have those in Texas?

Darby went to a wedding in Abilene last Thursday and left me alone for several days. :( Our church really stepped up, and I had three different invitations to lunch and dinner while he was gone. Plus, I worked at the "Great Giveaway" (basically a huge free garage sale) at church and ate breakfast and lunch while I was working. So I only ended up eating 5 of 10 meals alone while Darby was gone. I really appreciate the kindness of everyone at church. They turned a weekend I was dreading into the best weekend I've had since we moved here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad the church has taken you in and been so supportive. I know they will be blessed to have you and Darby work with them. Talk to you soon! MOM

Ledbetter Fam said...

I am so happy for you that you have already found a church home that has surrounded you with love and is taking care of you!!! I know that is so comforting for your family.

JB