Friday, August 08, 2008

Olympics!



I am watching the Opening Ceremonies as I type this. Wow! Those drummers were amazing. I love the Olympics. And the timing couldn't have worked out better. Since I'm still looking for a job, I'm home all day to watch the events. My favorites are gymnastics, volleyball, and diving. But I'm going to try to branch out this year and watch some different events. Maybe badminton? :)

We had a great time in Chicago with Darby's parents. I'll post more about our trip when I get pictures from Darby's mom. Naturally, I didn't take many. (That seems to be quite a theme with me).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Kayla! I am so glad you and Darby are safe and sound in your new home. It's a big world out there (away from Hewitt and Abilene) and you guys are so blessed to have a chance to experience a new place. Although, we will miss you dearly.

Keep us posted on the job search.

We are enjoying watching the Olympics as well. Michael Phelps rocks. I can't wait to see Dara Torres (the 41 year old swimmer) swim her event.

I start school tomorrow (boo). The kids have 10 more days until they start. Sigh! Such a short summer!

We love you guys!

Aunt Tere