Sunday, July 26, 2009

Movies

Thanks, everyone, for all your helpful comments on my last post. I think the general consensus is that I need to chill out. (Ha! Imagine that.)

I went with two friends to see Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince last night. It was good, but I was disappointed because they cut some of my favorite parts of the book and made the ending much less dramatic. I know they can't possibly include everything in a 2 1/2 hour movie, but I just feel sorry for the people who only see the movie instead of reading the book. They don't know what they're missing!

There are two movies coming out in August that I'm dying to see (which is really strange, because usually I don't get too excited about movies). The first is Julie and Julia. I've read both My Life in France and Julie and Julia, and of course the movie combines three of my favorite things: cooking, books, and blogging! (Although, having read Julie and Julia, I think casting Amy Adams as Julia was a terrible choice. I love Amy Adams, but she's going to have to really tone down her adorable perkiness to pull off this part.)

I am also so excited about The Time Traveler's Wife. I seriously get chills and choke up every time I see the preview. That is one of my favorite books ever. A movie has been in the works for several years, and originally there was a rumor that Brad Pitt would play the male lead, Henry. I'm so glad they chose Eric Bana instead. Henry is a librarian in the book. Brad Pitt as a librarian? I don't think so.

By the way, what do you think of my new blog look? Before now, I didn't know how to get a cute-looking header without paying someone to design it. But, thanks to "Sneaky Momma Blog Design," I learned how to create one using Scrapblog, which is a free electronic scrapbooking site. (As a side note, no offense to anyone, but after I have kids, if I ever refer to myself in the third person as "Momma," unless I am speaking directly to my children, please slap me.)

5 comments:

Jenn said...

Love the look of the new blog!!!

Sallie said...

I LOVE the new blog--I am always amazed at your on-line abilities. I am sad I can't be there to see the movies with you. Those are two I really want to see, too. I wonder if it costs too much for me to come to Illinois to take you to the movie!

Anonymous said...

Kayla,
Love the new blog design! Your blogging savvy inspires me!

By the way, check out the following YouTube entry....it just cracked me up!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-94JhLEiN0

Love you,
Katina

Clint and Whitney said...

I like the blog as well. It took me forever to figure out how to use cutestblogontheblock.com so maybe one day I'll summon the courage to use the scrapbook site!

Laura said...

Oh, I wish we could see _Julie and Julia_ together! We're going to do a little supper club outing to see it--wish you were here to go with us! We'll have to talk about it afterward. . . .