Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Fabulous Fall

For the past three years, I have done a post about how much I love fall in late September or early October. Why break from tradition, right?

We've had our first fallish weather this week, and I'm loving it! I love wearing jackets and my cute socks. (I still only wear patterned socks unless I am working out; I don't think I'll ever outgrow them.) I love eating soup and drinking cider and hot chocolate. I love pumpkin pie, caramel apples, and candy corn. I love getting out my fall decorations and being surprised by things I had forgotten I had. I love not waking up hot in the morning. I love feeling warm and cozy in my hooded sweatshirt. I love that new episodes of my favorite tv shows are on. I love that Christmas feels so much closer but not so close that you start getting sad about it being over.

Growing up, summer was my favorite season, mainly because my birthday is in the summer. But over the past few years, fall has definitely taken its place. Especially now that I'm not in school, summer just doesn't hold the same appeal. So, I'm going to soak up my 8 or so weeks of fall loveliness before winter rears its ugly head.

4 comments:

Jenn said...

AMEN!!!`

Anonymous said...

Kayla,
I do so love reading your blog!! I hope to see you Thanksgiving. <3

Anonymous said...

oops! I didn't intend to be anonymous in that last comment! Love you, Judy

Anonymous said...

I love fall too. I'm not sure why I live in south central Texas. It takes forever to get her. Still in the high 80's to 90's here, but at least the mornings are cool here now.

Tere