Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Fiesta!

So, this weekend the ACU group had a belated Cinco de Mayo celebration. And, I think Erin and I might have found the ideal entertaining arrangement. She hosts, and I cook. The party was at their house, but I brought all of the fajita ingredients and used their grill. It was so much less stressful than having to cook and clean the house. And I didn't have to feel guilty for being "in the zone" when I was cooking, since I wasn't the official hostess.

Austin and Erin got a pinata for us, and it was soo fun! I think perhaps spinning 10 times around the bat was a little much, though. Both Darby and Liz fell over, and I almost did.

Uh, the pinata's the other way, Erin...

Liz, pre-falling down. The streamers on the ground are from my ferocious hitting. :)

Austin, putting an end to it. Actually, Liz was the one who busted it open, but we hung it back up, so everyone could have a turn.

On Saturday morning, Liz invited me to a brunch/clothing swap at her church. It was a lot of fun; I got a few cute new things, and, more importantly, I got rid of a lot more things. I made these raspberry breakfast bars, and they were so good!

Normally, when I try to transfer bars from their baking dish to a plate, I end up with a crumbly mess. But these actually turned out looking pretty decent. I think the secret was lining the pan with parchment paper, then buttering the parchment. And, the bars are healthy because of the raspberries. :)

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Looks like a fun party!!!