Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Party Like It's 1999

On Friday, we went to Mica's "millennium" themed Tex-Mex birthday party. Guests were encouraged to dress like they did in the 90s. I decided to go all out and curl my bangs (although I didn't have bangs in the 90s) and pull my hair back with a claw clip. Darby was not a fan of my hairstyle. The first thing he said when I showed him was "I'm so glad it's not the 90s anymore." I also wore my late-90s/early-2000s uniform---a long-sleeved shirt under a short-sleeved shirt.

We watched 90s music videos, hula hooped, played with an etch-a-sketch, and watched 10 Things I Hate About You, which was my favorite movie in high school. I don't remember how many times I watched it with my girlfriends. I could still quote practically the whole movie.

Since I forgot my camera (as always), I stole these pictures from Mica's facebook.

Darby wasn't so sure about Harrison's hairstyle.

Jin, me, and Cassandra doing the macarena. Man, that song is long. And there's really not much to the dance.

The only 90s hand sign we could come up with was bunny ears.

Jin was awesome at the hula hoop. She barely put forth any effort.

It was such a fun party. I love spending time with my MATESL friends anyway, but the awesome theme and yummy food were the icing on the cake (pun intended).

No comments: