Thursday, September 07, 2006

10 months...

from this minute, Darby and I will probably be leaving our wedding reception on our way to Dallas, then Niagara Falls, Canada for our honeymoon! Yay! (I say probably because I don't know exactly what time we will leave the reception, not because I don't know if we will get married : )

So, classes are going pretty well. I'm only taking 11 hours. I'm working about 18 hours a week at Camps and Alpha Academic Services, so it's still a pretty light load. The two English classes I'm in, Shakespeare and American Lit before 1860, are pretty interesting. They're a nice change of pace from last semester, when I had to read 20 novels, plus hundreds of pages of poetry in fifteen weeks. They are more lecture-based, rather than class discussion, which I actually enjoy. I'm paying thousands of dollars for these classes. I don't want to hear what my fellow students think. I want to hear the experts. Other than that, I'm just taking Bible (which is kind of weird...Bible majors, ugh!), Cross Training, and an honors colloquium on women's movements in third world countries. I think the colloquium will be really interesting, but a ton of work! It's only one hour credit, but we have two big papers and a 30-minute presentation, plus all the readings. Aaahh! At least it's a subject I'm interested in.

No comments: