Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Lauren Winner...

is coming to ACU tomorrow! Woo-hoo! I have loved her ever since I read Girl Meets God freshman year. I threw out the idea of having her come speak to the W-Club last year, and it actually all came together! If you have not read her books, Girl Meets God and Real Sex, you should. Especially Real Sex. It sounds like some kind of sex manual, but it's really about chastity, and it's one of the most honest Christian perspectives on sex and chastity I've ever read. She addresses the lies that both our culture and the church tell us about sex, and urges Christians to view sex in a new way. It's a rare book about relationships that's actually helpful to married, single, and dating people of either gender. I would try to explain it more, but I probably wouldn't be able to do it justice. Just read it. And then come to the Chapel forum tomorrow in Moody at 7. I think it'll be really good.

2 comments:

Brittany Baumgartner said...

Yay for Lauren Winner!! I can't believe the W-Club was able to pull this off. And I'm still super mad that I had to work during the lunch forum. Boo. :(

Anonymous said...

I'm going to go buy Real Sex today. And, no, I don't mean a prostitute.