Tuesday, May 08, 2007

The joys of working in a boys' dorm

The Campus Life Office is conveniently located in the lower level of McKinzie, a freshman boys' dorm (oops...I mean "residence hall"). Of course, the walls in dorms are notoriously thin, so I often hear what's going on in the room directly above my office. Usually, the guys are pretty quiet, but I guess they're excited about the end of school approaching, because they have their music blaring. I think they are using their computer to play songs randomly because the selection this morning has been quite eclectic: "Let's Get It On," "Barbie Girl," "Pretty Woman," "Kissed by a Rose," "White and Nerdy," "I Like Big Bibles," the "Numa, Numa" song, etc. I actually haven't minded too much. I've been entering a huge list of Banner numbers, so the break in monotony is welcome. I'm just glad no one official has been in my office today. It would be pretty hard to act professionally with "Let's Get It On" playing in the background.

I just read John's blog and saw that he had tagged me to post a list of goals. Hmmmm...I will have to think about that one for a while. I'll post that by the end of the week.

1 comment:

Kalyn Gensic said...

I'm having to think alot about the goal lists, also. I'm going to try and post about it in the next couple of days. By the way, your invitations are gorgeous!