Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Moving Out

Darby and I get to move into our new apartment Friday! Well, we're basically just moving some of our stuff in, but it's still exciting. I love moving to a new place. The possibilities seem endless. Before I've moved in, I can imagine how great it will look and how clean I will keep it. Once I've lived there a couple months, reality sets in. A new house does not a new person make. But it's fun to dream. Plus, I get to move all of the wedding gifts out of my room!

But, I will miss mine and Brittany's little house. It's been a good house for us.

10 things I love about our house:
1. the fact that it's two-story
2. the huge closets
3. the big kitchen
4. all the natural light the windows let in
5. the pretty antique doorknobs
6. the trees in front
7. the crazy sidewalk chalk drawings our landlords and their kids create on the driveway
8. the old-fashioned mailbox
9. its quirkiness: the light switches that do nothing, the three sets of front doors, the upsidedown-ness of it
10. and, of course, my lovely roommate, Brittany

10 things I won't miss:
1. parking on the curved street
2. my unpainted doorframe (a constant reminder of my unfulfilled dreams for the house)
3. the loud furnace and air conditioner in my closet
4. the ancient oven that bakes unevenly
5. the mold on my ceiling (it's baaaaack!!)
6. the scary rumbling of the water heater after my shower
7. the not-quite-cold-enough refrigerator
8. not having a dishwasher or disposal
9. the narrowness of my bedroom
10. how HOT it gets in the summer

No comments: