Well, summer has officially begun. We've had two days of 100-degree heat. I always forget how hot it can get! But that's okay, because I LOVE SUMMER!! Here are just a few of my favorite things about the season:
1. Swimming - Darby and I love going to our apartment pool, when we can manage to find a time that it's not swamped with kids. I think I am the only young woman who actually likes to swim, though. Anytime I see girls my age out there, they are just laying out. Don't even get me started on how dumb that is. I even see people using tanning oil, which is crazy with all we know about skin cancer. Ladies, pale is pretty! Repeat that 10 times. (Unless you are dark-skinned naturally; that's pretty, too).
2. Long days. I love that it's still light at 9 p.m. It helps this old lady stay up until a reasonable hour.
3. Mint Mocha Chip Frappuccino at Starbucks - After three long years, it's finally back! However, I don't like that they put chocolate whipped cream on it now. Whipped cream should be white! Just like my skin :)
4. Cajun Cones! When Darby and I go walking, we stop and get a sno cone and then keep walking. We burn the calories as we consume them; that's how we keep our trim figures. It's all about equilibrium.
5. Weddings. For the past three years, every summer has been dominated by wedding stuff. 2 years ago, I was in Whitney's and Kalyn's weddings. Last year was my wedding, of course, and this year is Darby's turn to be in 3 weddings. I have always loved going to weddings, and it's even more special to me now that I've made that commitment myself. Plus, it's a great chance to see friends who have scattered for the summer.