Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Hurry Up, Thanksgiving!

The sweet potatoes, stuffing, and cranberry sauce are made. The apple cake is baked. The iced tea is brewed. The turkey is thawing in the fridge. The floor is swept and mopped. The fridge and freezer are cleared out to make room for leftovers. (I had to finish off our ice cream last night...it was a tough job, but somebody had to do it!) Tonight, I'll make dough for rolls and a pumpkin pie. And, most importantly, my family will get here!!!!! I am beyond excited! Tomorrow, we'll make the rest of the sides (crunch top potatoes, green bean casserole, and "Judy Fruit" salad.) I'll set the table with my "homemade, on-the-cheap" decorations (pictures to come), and we'll sit down to eat and laugh together. Now, who will do the dishes??? :)

No comments: