Monday, December 15, 2008

A Christmasy Weekend

This weekend was full of fun holiday traditions. On Friday, Darby and I hosted a Christmas party for the young marrieds group at church. It was a lot of fun, but a little crazy with 20 adults, a four-year-old, and a 2-month-old crammed in to our living room. We only thought our house was big! I didn't get any pictures because I was too busy trying to manage the chaos. We had a white elephant gift exchange, and I got a Ped Egg. Woo-hoo! Darby got a bag full of hotel toiletries. Ha!

On Saturday, I did some Christmas shopping. Every year I vow that I will never do Christmas shopping in December again. The crowds are too crazy, traffic is horrible, and I end up getting stressed out. And every year, I do most of my shopping in November, but I always leave some to the last minute. When will I learn? It doesn't matter whether I have to do a little shopping or a lot...I will still have to fight the crazy crowds. And this year, I had to do it with a bone-chilling wind practically blowing me from store to store. So, for real, next year NO SHOPPING after Nov. 30! When I got home, I worked on my Christmas cards some. I'm through with the first batch, and hopefully will get the second batch done this week.

Sunday, my friend Katy came over and we baked sugar cookies. We were a great team. I made the dough, she rolled it and cut it out. I baked the cookies, she made the frosting. And we both decorated. Our husbands entertained themselves with Wii while we made a huge mess in the kitchen. Here's some pictures of the process:

Ready to go in the oven. Isn't the Santa precious? That was one of Katy's mom's cutters.

Naked cookies (Hee-hee)

Katy and her mad decorating skillz.

The finished products! We had to keep Katy's husband from eating them as fast as we could decorate them! We managed to save some for pictures.

Now, I'm getting really excited about going home in about a week! Woo-hoo!

1 comment:

Sallie said...

Cute cookies! I'm looking forward to seeing you and Darby! MOM