Monday, January 05, 2009

Resolutions

I have a confession: I LOVE making New Year's resolutions. It really appeals to the planning side of me. Now actually keeping the resolutions? Not so much. I prefer to spend hours picking out the perfect resolution, another few hours writing out a schedule in my planner, and then almost no time actually implementing the plan. :) This year, I am trying a new tactic; I made my resolution something I was probably going to do anyway. Darby gave me a really cool herb garden starter for Christmas. I've been keeping a parsley plant alive for the past few months, and I really want to try more herbs. Then from my mom I got a book about container gardening and a precious little sign that says "Herbs make good scents." So now that I have all the stuff, I have to follow through! I'm not going to start the seeds until the weather gets warmer, but come spring I will hopefully have tons of fresh herbs and maybe even some vegetables.

A couple other goals I am going to try to work toward this year. (I'm not going to call them resolutions, for fear of jinxing myself.)
1. Keeping the house clutter-free. We have more than enough room for all our stuff, but not everything has a place. Or, rather, I don't always put everything in its place. I'm trying to slowly remedy that.
2. Cooking and eating more veggies. I'm really bad about including vegetables in our dinners, and I don't really have an excuse. They're easy and cheap. Hopefully, growing my own vegetables will help with this.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay! I love resolutions, too! I usually don't get around to mine until mid-January or February, though! :) And Dan gave me a book on growing herbs for Christmas at my request. I'm still trying to get my parsely, mint, and basil that I planted last May to grow past one or two inches high! :) Surely, the book will make all the difference and lead to more successful herb-growing in the future!