Thursday, March 26, 2009

Spring is here!

We've been having wonderfully warm, sunny weather lately, and I am so excited about spring. I just heard the weatherman say there's a chance of snow this weekend, but I'm choosing to ignore that right now. I love the longer days and being able to go for walks after work. It's also really nice to be able to experience four seasons. No 90-degree days here yet!

For Christmas, Darby got me an herb garden starter kit because he knew I had been wanting to grow some herbs. I planted some seeds a couple of weeks ago, and they are looking really good! Pretty soon I will have fresh parsley, basil, marjoram, chives, and savory! Thyme was the only one that didn't sprout. I have more seeds, though, so I am going to start some more after this batch is done. I feel like a little kid again. It's amazing to see how a plant can grow from such a tiny, tiny seed. Our Creator is incredible!


The parsley is growing the fastest!



You can't tell from these pictures, but I have a very classy set-up. The tray sits on one of our kitchen chairs in front of the door that leads to our patio. Hey, it works!

4 comments:

Kalyn Gensic said...

We're planning on an herb garden, also. It just saves so much money, and that really is the healthiest way to flavor food. Congrats on the green thumb! I've always killed anything I tried to grow, so we'll see how this goes.

ALM said...

If you can wait until next Sunday, I can finally bring you those planters so you can have them when you decide to transplant.

Jenn said...

That is so neat! Let me know how it turns out... I've always wanted to do that!

Sallie said...

I knew you would do it! I'm going to start one when my store-bought ones run out. Let's see...with a 50-year old, somewhat boring cook...I'm pretty sure the store-bought ones will outlast me! So, yeah, I'm gonna do it--save me some seeds!