Monday, November 30, 2009

We had such a wonderful Thanksgiving. Every time we go home, it is harder and harder to come back. Texas just feels like home. We always manage to squeeze in so much during our visits. This year included Thanksgiving lunch with Darby's extended family; going to see The Blind Side with John and Debby; shopping with my sister; Outburst with my family and Jeremy; dinner with Aunt Tere and cousin Corrie; a shower for my high school friend Krista; and decorating two Christmas trees, among other things. Here are just a few pictures from this weekend. I forgot my camera, so I had to rely on others' facebook pictures. I didn't get any of Thanksgiving at Darby's house. :( We can't wait to go back in just 3 weeks for Christmas!!

The fam after decorating our Christmas tree. My brother's in Uruguay, so we're all holding his picture. We missed him!!

My cousin Corrie. Isn't she precious? We were playing Pass the Pigs, and she was really into it.

My BFFs from junior high and high school. Me, Whitney, Krista, Jessica, Stephanie. We have so many silly, fun memories together. Hard to believe we're all grown-ups---getting married, getting master's degrees, moving far from home. We realized that this is the first time we've all been together since my wedding 2-1/2 years ago. Too long! We told Stephanie and Jessica they better get married soon so we have more excuses to get together. :)

2 comments:

Jenn said...

What great pictures! I'm glad that you had a wonderful Thanksgiving! I think it's so sweet that you are holding the picture of your brother! :_)

Laura said...

Your comment about preferring meaningful ornaments to coordinating ones made me smile because this is an ongoing issue in our family. My mom wants a pretty tree with matching ornaments and white lights, but the youngest two kids will not agree to that. In fact, a couple of years ago, when we were decorating my parents' tree, Mom brought out some beautiful new silver and gold ornaments she'd just bought, and Ben asked, in disgust, "Where are all the GOOD ornaments?", meaning all the mismatched tacky ones. Ha! That comment will live on forever in our family! I think I fall somewhere between the two camps, though I fear that Dan leads toward the tacky side--"the more stuff on the tree, the better" in his opinion! :)