Sunday, December 06, 2009

Merry Christmas!

Darby and I actually put our tree up several weeks ago, but I'm just now getting around to taking pictures of it. I love our tree! I think it is the perfect combination of pretty and sentimental. Not all of our ornaments match, but we do have a predominantly red/silver theme. That will change as we get more and more personal ornaments, I'm sure. I'd much rather have ornaments that mean something than a tree that's perfectly coordinated anyway. Below are a couple of my favorite ornaments. I have a few more favorites, but Blogger is not letting me upload them right now. Grr... I'll try to post them in a separate post later.

Darby's mom gives us an ornament every year. I think she gave us this one the year we got engaged? We dressed up as the King and Queen of Hearts for Halloween (for several years), so this was so perfect for us.

Darby and I got this ornament in Niagara Falls on our honeymoon. I just thought it was so beautiful. That started the tradition of getting an ornament every place we go on vacation. Unfortunately, that has proved a little difficult. We have ornaments for Santa Fe and Springfield (vacation being a loose term!), but we didn't find one in Chicago or Nashville. I know we'll be back to Chicago again, but I might have to order a Nashville one online.

4 comments:

Brenton and Jenna Lane said...

I love it! We still have our ornament that we bought on our honeymoon as well. We didn't get married around CHristmas but Colorado has a small Christmas shop so we got one. It means so much to us and maybe some day it will mean something to our kids, grandkids, etc.

Jenn said...

What a pretty tree! I agree - sentimental is the way to go!!! We've had our tree up for a week and a half and still need to decorate it! You're motivating me!!! :-)

Sallie said...

What a good picture of you two! E-mail me a copy. I'm glad you and Darby enjoy the holidays!

Ledbetter Fam said...

I love your tree. We also have a tree made up of some of our ornaments from our childhood, some given to us through the years, and now we add every year ornaments that our children make. We have a tradition where David and I give our boys a new ornament every year so they will have a box of ornaments to start off their marriage with. I love it! I also like this better than a tree that is uniform!!!!

JB