Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Happy Halloween!

I had a pretty (ok, really) low-key celebration this year. I wore my Halloween socks and passed out candy. (Mom, I wasn't wearing my new Hello Kitty Halloween socks because it was cold today, and they're ankle socks, but I definitely love them!) We had a good number of trick-or-treaters, but they were mostly older kids, so I didn't get to see any really cute costumes. I just have to enjoy the adorable pictures of my friends' kids on Facebook.


On Tuesday, I brought candy corn for my class. I thought it would be fun for the students to enjoy a traditional American treat. Now, most international students think American foods are way too sweet (even ones we don't consider that sweet, like muffins), so I warned the students before I passed it out that candy corn is super sweet. You should have seen the way they were gingerly holding the candy corn and trying to smell it before they tried it. It's exactly the same way I am when they hand me dried seaweed or cakes filled with red bean paste. It's funny how accustomed we are to our own tastes. Some of them liked the candy corn, but most couldn't handle the sweetness. Oh well. More for me. :)

Darby's mom sent us an awesome Halloween puzzle a few weeks ago. We worked it the day we got it, but I thought it was appropriate to share the picture today. We are such nerds.


Hope you all had a happy Halloween!

1 comment:

Kalyn Gensic said...

I love holiday socks and candy corn!