Monday, October 08, 2012

She's got her love to keep her warm

This weekend, we made the 8-hour drive to Little Rock for Darby's cousin Molly's wedding. The wedding was at this beautiful little riverside chapel with outdoor seating for both the wedding and the reception. Unfortunately, a cold front blew in on the day of the wedding. It had rained steadily all day and was in the 40s. By the time of the wedding, the rain had (mostly) cleared up, but the ground was incredibly soggy and it was cold and windy. I was shivering in my sweater dress, tights, boots, and jacket. I felt so sorry for the bridesmaids in their little dresses and open-toe shoes. I don't know how they survived. It was still a beautiful wedding, though, and the bride didn't seem fazed by the weather at all. I guess others aren't as whiny as I am. :)

Molly and Darby. Doesn't she look gorgeous?

So, I practiced smiling in preparation for this picture, and I think it worked. My problem is that when I smile for real, my eyes get very squinty, which I hate in pictures. So, I have to ignore the advice to "smile naturally." I can't believe it's taken me 27 years to figure this out.

2 comments:

Sallie said...

Great picture of you and Darby. He looks quite cool in his Italian leather jacket!

Mica said...

I've never noticed that your eyes look squinty in pictures, though I'm pretty sure they never look as squinty as mine (Har-har). I do something similar though--I always try to tuck my chin slightly so that I don't awkwardly get a "fat face." My cousin and I figured this technique out a few years ago, except sometimes we take it to the extreme and just look weird.