Sunday, August 06, 2006

I'm so brave!

Today, I faced one of my greatest fears; I caught a gecko! Okay, it was with a cup, not with my hands, but that's good for me. I hate those things! I saw him last night in the bathroom. Darby was over, so he tried to catch him, but he went into a crack behind the sink. My mom said, "Oh, well; he's probably gone for good." Hannah, just trying to scare me said, "No, he'll probably show up in the shower tomorrow." Well, I forgot about it, but sure enough when I went to take my shower this morning, he was in the bathtub. It took me a while to get up my nerve, but I finally went to get a cup to trap him. I didn't think that was going to work, though, because of the sloped bathtub, so I went to get a big wad of paper towels. I was going to try to just pick him up with that, but I chickened out. Finally I talked myself into slamming the cup down on top of him. It took me about 7 tries, but I got him. Then I slid a folder underneath him and carried him outside and threw him out as far away from the house as I could get. He was actually kind of cute. He kept trying to climb up the side of the bathtub, but he would just slowly slide back down. Then he'd double-time it, and run up really fast, but he still fell down. That made me a little less scared of him, although my legs were still shaking. The whole process took about 20 minutes, but I did it all by myself. I was pretty proud!

On a totally unrelated note, Whitney's wedding was this weekend. It was beautiful. We had a fun time decorating, even though we were up to our elbows in real ivy. I'm going to attempt to post a few pictures from the weekend:


All the bridesmaids. Aren't we pretty?
Me and my handsome man! Won't be long till we're the bride and groom. Yay!
This is all of us gals from church. We all were in the same grade and have been really good friends since middle school. We've had some crazy fun times together! I hope they can continue, even though Whitney's an old married woman.
Here's me and the beautiful bride, Whitney. We've been friends since we were 6! I can't believe she's all grown up!

I don't know why the beginning of this post is underlined. Oh, well!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kayla, I AM SO PROUD OF YOU!! From now on, you can take the geckos and I'll handle the roaches.