Saturday, October 31, 2009

Happy Halloween!


We had our Fall Festival at church last night and the college group room's theme was '60s and '70s. I didn't want to spend much money or time on our costumes, so I went to Wal-Mart hoping to find a couple of cheap tie-dyed shirts. Well, I found a lot of "60s-ish" girls' shirts, but I couldn't find anything for Darby. So I just got him an Afro wig. :) You can't see it in the picture, but it had a purple pick in it.

I didn't think the kids were really going to "get" our theme, but they seemed to enjoy it. We had a disco ball and were playing a '70s disco mix CD. Several of the kids started dancing. And one two-year-old wouldn't leave the room the whole night. She was mesmerized by the pattern the disco ball made on the walls. When her mom finally told her she had to leave, she said, "I'll be back. Don't stop the music." So cute!

Last year we had quite a few trick-or-treaters at our house, so I'm hoping we'll start seeing some in just a little bit. I love passing out candy!

3 comments:

Sallie said...

How cute you guys are! Sounds like you had a fun time with the church kids. We had a great night, too, at our Fall Festival.

Jenn said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the fact Darby had a pick in his hair... awesome.

Your hair is so cute, by the way! I really like it short!

Laura said...

I'm so bummed! I had a Halloween card just for you and forgot to send it--maybe next year! :) You guys look so cute. (And I like your hair short!) Hope you got some trick-or-treaters! If not, hey, at least you'll have some good candy to snack on! :)