Monday, February 11, 2008

HILMM - Part 3: Chicks Dig Guitarists

So after our less-than-stellar first date, I decided that it wasn't going to work out between me and Darby. I told my mom that I just wasn't interested in him in that way. I figured that he probably felt the same way, since I knew he had sensed the awkwardness on our date. We still talked at church, though, and things seemed to go back to "normal."
Darby and his friend Cody and another guy Keith had a band called Serna. Darby was the lead singer and guitarist. My group of girlfriends and I decided to go to their show at Trinity Lutheran Church on June 14. I stood in the front and watched him sing, and I had to admit, I still thought he was pretty cute. What girl can resist a lead singer? After Serna played, Darby and I sat on the pull-out bleachers and talked and talked. I can't remember what we talked about, but I do remember that at one point our knees accidentally touched, and I felt absolutely giddy. It was so easy to talk to him when we weren't in a "date" setting, and he made me laugh a lot. I started reconsidering my decision to remain just friends. But I didn't feel like I could ask him on another date or anything. Plus, I was embarrassed that I had changed my mind in just 12 days. Was I being fickle? I decided to just wait it out and see what happened. I could tell he still liked me, so I was hoping he'd take a chance and ask me out again.
Did it happen? Tune in next time to find out...

Darby playing with Serna. What's not to love?

No comments: