Friday, February 13, 2009

In sickness and in health

Well, I'm at home again. I woke up at 5:30 a.m. with horrible pain in my toe. When I got up, I couldn't put any weight on my foot. I took some extra-strength Tylenol, and propped my foot up with the hopes of controlling the pain enough to go to work. By the time 8 a.m. came around, I still wasn't able to put any weight on it, so I had to call in. I would have been fine once I got to work and could sit down, but there was no way I could shower, get ready, and drive 20 mins. It ended up being really good that I stayed home because around 10 a.m. I started feeling incredibly nauseous, and it's just now gone away. I think I took too much Tylenol. I usually take Advil, but the doctor told me I could only take Tylenol. Evidently, it does NOT agree with my stomach. I am feeling a little better now and was able to take a bath, brush my teeth, and change clothes. Woo-hoo!

I'm really hoping I feel better tomorrow. I have big plans to cook a fancy meal for Valentine's Day. I'm not sure if I'll be able to stand long enough to cook it, though. I might have to rely on my sous-chef a little more than usual. Speaking of my sous-chef, not feeling well has reminded me again of how much he takes care of me. This morning, he carried me from the bed to the couch, so I wouldn't have to walk on my foot. Right now, he's at the store buying me Sprite and mac and cheese. He's good to me every day, but I just love how he takes care of me when I'm sick.

I really enjoy Valentine's Day, but I'm glad Darby and I don't need a special occasion to show our love for one another. Every day is Valentine's Day when you're married to such a wonderful guy. (Awwww....sappy, right?) Tune in tomorrow for the conclusion to my love series, focusing on the one I love most of all. :)

1 comment:

Brenton and Jenna Lane said...

Kayla!!! Your poor toe!!! I hope it gets better. I had to laugh though. You are so funny! Hope you guys are doing great!!!