- Which is baking soda and which is baking powder. This has caused some problems. It is very difficult to scoop either one out of a pile of flour.
- The phone number of the radio station I listen to every morning. You'd think after hearing it at least a couple of times a day, I'd remember it when it came time to call in to win Jason Mraz tickets this morning. But, no. :(
- Any song on the piano. Eight years of lessons and a few more years of playing on my own and still the only song I know from memory is "Heart and Soul." Impressive.
- Which colors are primary colors. This sounds silly, but I'm always wondering, "Do blue and yellow make green? Or do yellow and green make blue? Or is it something else entirely?" This has come up on more than one occasion when I've baby-sat kids and we've done a painting project.
- How to do CPR. I've done the certification once and seen it demonstrated at least 10 times, but I'm embarrassed to say I have no idea how many breaths and how many pulses. I just pray that if I'm ever in a situation where someone needs CPR, there will be someone else to do it. Probably when I have kids, I'll carry a little card in my pocket at all times that tells me what to do.
Overall, I have a great memory. I remember all of my teachers' names from Kindergarten on. I remember my family and friends' birthdays. I can probably count on one hand the number of times I've forgotten a doctor's appointment, homework assignment, or deadline. It's just funny to me the things we remember and the things we don't.