I have always loved Valentine's Day, mainly because I like pink and hearts. But I also think it gets a bad rap for being only about overly-commercialized sappy, romantic love. I think it's a great reminder to think about all of the love we experience in our lives, whether that's romantic love, familial love, platonic love, or Christian love. This week, I'm going to post every day about some of the many people I love in my life and why.
Why I Love...
- She doesn't make me feel weird for skipping a shower. In fact, she actually makes me feel better since I NEVER skip more than one day. :)
- She likes shopping as much as I do and is always up for a post-holiday spree.
- She is hilarious. She doesn't update her blog enough, but when she does, I usually laugh out loud.
- She gets excited about little things like me. When I'm with her, I feel more fun.
- She's a great sister-in-law to Darby. Although it took her a little while to warm up to him when we were teenagers, she now makes him feel like a true part of the family.
- She's honest. If I ask her if an outfit looks bad, she will tell me if she thinks it does.
- She loves to sing and is really good at it. She and I once spent an entire vacation perfecting a duet of "Never Gonna Get It." On the way to Mexico one year, she, Krista, and I went though an entire Spanish hymnal. I am not so talented, so if it weren't for her, I would probably not sing so much.
- She has a heart for children. I know she will be a great mom and aunt someday.
Why I Love:
- He lets me call him "Matty," "Tatty," "Fatty," etc. without getting embarrassed.
- Whenever I come home, he gives me a really big bear hug.
- He is very deep spiritually. Even though he's my younger brother, I have a lot to learn from him.
- He loves books and Starbucks as much as I do.
- On every gift at Christmas, he puts a tag that reads something like this: "To: My ugly, retarded sister with a mustache From: Your perfect angel brother." (Except they're a lot funnier than that!)
- He is very generous. When Darby and I got married, he gave us a $100 Barnes and Noble gift card and one of the most thoughtful cards we got from anyone.
- He encourages me to eat more sweets when I'm home. One of his best lines: "Kayla, you're an Anderson. Eat like one!"
- He's never been like a lot of guys and "too cool" for his family. Even when he was in high school, he enjoyed spending time with us and talking with us (unless he was just acting; he IS a really good actor...hmmm).